If you’re thinking of making an upgrade to your heating system, you might be debating between a traditional and a ductless system. The right decision depends on quite a few different factors. At Air Blue Heating and Cooling Inc., we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction and here to help you make the best possible choice for your specific home and needs.
Choosing the Right Heating System for your Home
when deciding between traditional and ductless heating, here are some things to consider:
- Do you already have ductwork installed? Access to existing ductwork in the home typically makes a central heating system more cost-effective to install. If you don’t have ductwork, the cost of implementing a ductless system is much less expensive. It also eliminates the need for major renovation, requiring only a 3-inch hole in an exterior wall.
- Are you OK with an indoor air handler? Central HVAC is all but invisible, with vents blending into the decor. Ductless systems require an air handler. While these units are slim and stylish, they are still visible.
- How big is your home? If you’re looking to heat an entire home adding up to more than 2,000 square feet, centralized heating is probably a better choice. Ductless systems don’t have the power to handle the demands of a larger home.
- Is operational noise a problem? Ductless systems are typically whisper quiet while the average central heating system makes some noise.
- >What is your budget? Cost of each type of system varies. While ductless systems are normally less expensive to purchase and install, it depends on how many indoor units you need and the efficiency level of the central heating system.
- Are you looking for zone control? While customizing the temperature of individual rooms is possible with central heating, it’s cheaper with ductless. Each air handler features an independent thermostat, allowing comfort tailored to preference and occupancy. For zoning with central heating, you need upgraded ductwork with internal dampers.
Contact Air Blue Heating and Cooling Inc. for Heating and Cooling Costs and Solutions
Air Blue Heating and Cooling Inc. highly recommends giving us a call at (847) 450-7366 to discuss your plans, concerns and questions. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we specialize in a wide array of high-efficiency traditional and ductless heating and cooling systems. We’re happy to explain the benefits of each and guide you toward the perfect fit for your home in Chicagoland and the surrounding suburbs.
Air Blue Heating and Cooling Inc. offers a Lifetime Installation Guarantee and a 2 Year Equipment Test Drive Guarantee. We make sure you’re totally satisfied with the results of our work and your investment. Take advantage of convenient financing and three-year maintenance included on qualifying installations. Handling every job to higher standards, we provide a complete range of skilled HVAC services across Wheeling, Cary, Buffalo Grove, Highland Park & Palatine, IL.